Below are some highlights of my trip to New York so far.
10. Being asked to take off shoes at airport, even though I was wearing open toe/open back sandals.
9. Waiting 3 hours at Grand Central Station for my older sister to arrive from Boston.
8. Sleeping in dorm room at Vassar College.
7. Not being able to access the Internet from dorm room. No Ethernet card. No access.
6. Showering next to naked men in coed bathroom.
5. Being almost blow down by passing Amtrak train while waiting for the commuter train from Poughkeepsie to Grand Central.
4. Being in back seat of car next to 8 year old who pees in a water bottle.
3. Falling off porch at graduation party (no, I wasn’t drunk).
2. Arguing with my younger sister not once but twice in less than 24hours.
1. And oh yeah, seeing my Aunt graduate with honors from Vassar College.
May 27, 2003 at 10:22 am
Sounds like a terrific weekend. 🙂
May 26, 2003 at 10:09 am
Sounds like a great time so far! I wish you were doing a vidblog. I’d loved to have seen some of those moments with my eyes. But should you decide to, skip the 8-year-old-water-bottle-moment, please! 😉
Happy Memorial Day, Ursula!
May 25, 2003 at 10:54 pm
Being with somebody who pees in a water bottle should be the highlight of every cross-country trip. Or not, but it’s always entertaining to see how the other half lives.