Chase Success, Not Money
My favourite entrepreneur video at cmypitch.com is that of Wilfred Emmanuel-Jones – The Black Farmer. In fact, I have watched and listened to this video quite a few times.
I like this video because from the start, he talks about the need to have a dream — a clear vision of your future as motivation for moving forward and ultimately becoming successful with any business venture.
To be exact, he says:
“One of the most important things I believe you need to have in life is to have a dream because with a dream it gives you focus which then gives you the confidence which then gives you hope and with that hope you can make things comes true.”
Other key points from the video:
- Entrepreneurship is all about focus and sacrifice
- Don’t wait to be invited to the table
- Small businesses are the heart of the country
- More people in government should have small business experience
- Success is about managing fear — you can’t predict the future so need to come to terms with it. Worry about the things you have control over and not worry about the things you don’t have control over.
- Chase success, not money
To watch Wilfred’s video in full, click here.