I reached breaking point yesterday on the house purchase. Why? Well it has been 91 days since my offer on the house was accepted and the seller advised that instead of exchanging contracts and completing as planned next Monday (3rd September), they would need another month in the property. This didn’t go down well at all.
In fact, I went ballistic and used words unbecoming a lady to both the estate agent and my attorney. And after taking the night to calm down, I called the estate agent back today and advised that if the sellers were not prepared to negotiate a date sooner rather than later, I was walking away from the transaction effective immediately. This wasn’t an easy decision since I really like the house but I’d basically had enough.
The estate agent went into panic mode (I suspect because his commission was threatened) and somehow got the sellers to agree to complete on the 10th September. Still not ideal, but definitely better than having to wait until the end of September. So provided my lawyer confirms this date tomorrow, I’ll begrudgingly transfer the money to push the transaction forward. I am tired on living out of a suitcase.